Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 3 for the Central Connecticut State University.
Central Connecticut State University is a public state university located in New Britain, CT. It serves more than 10,000 students. Great food throughout the campus—at the Cav in Memorial Hall, at the new Hilltop Café, Starbucks in the Library, and 4 places in the Student Center. Lots of choices, all nutritional, and served the way you like it.
As our Catering Manager, you will oversee all aspects of catering operations. Successful candidate will oversees all types of events from a simple coffee drop off to creating larger VIP wedding experiences. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will oversee approximately 1 manager 4 union employees as well as 30 student employees. Keys to success with this position is someone that is creative, a great communicator, able to grow the business, client facing and passionate about providing over the top customer service!
Responsibilities will include: Start to finish catering over-site, working directly with customers and clients, ensuring innovative food presentations, providing top-notch service levels and creating positive and memorable catering experience!
The ideal candidate will have experience to include:
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.