Human Resources/Security Manager
Sodexo Government Services has a dynamic career opportunity for a Human Resource Manager for our intelligence business with a high-profile Government Services client in Northern Virginia.
This HR opportunity will require someone with previous experience in the HR field to include Union experience, recruiting skills in this challenging labor market, organizational skills and time management are a must. This is a high- profile position with regular client interactions with client and Sodexo leadership – interpersonal skills and ability to handle a high degree of accountability will be necessary.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT: Security clearance will be required, which will include a polygraph interview. US citizenship is required.
About the position:
The ideal candidate must be politically savvy in regard to verbal and written communication to high level clients. He or she must also be highly organized with a strong demonstrated mature business acumen.
This position will be partnered with the Client’s Security Officer and expected to regularly meet in order to ensure our security procedures are being followed.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
About the contract:
About the team: Over 200 service employees across the campus; HR position will have a dual reporting structure to the Sr. GM and the HR Business Partner for the segment. There are over 18 management employees throughout the campus that this position will be an integral part of.
About Sodexo’s Government segment: we have a business portfolio of approximately $450 million in revenue and our star status client portfolio includes the U.S. Marine Corps, Air Force, Intelligence business and Federal Government locations throughout the United States and Guam. Come join a growing segment and grow your career!
Qualifications & Skills:
Security Statement: Only the highest caliber individuals qualify for selected positions. At a minimum, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in HR
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.