Sodexo has an exciting role as an Energy Manager in Cleveland, OH for the Medical Center Company. MCCo is a District Energy Company providing steam, chilled water, and distributed electricity to customers in the Cleveland area. This is a large supply & demand load of utilities and energy that requires a dedicated manager to manage the facilities load data, opportunities and optimization. The District Energy system optimizes the use of fuels, resources, a team of dedicated engineers to operate the plant in an environmentally friendly manner.
The Energy Manager will:
· Build and maintain strong client relationships to promote the Clients For Life philosophy
· Support and direct all aspects of strategic facilities operations
· Able to manage a Facility Condition Assessment (FCA)
· Have knowledge and experience in running a power plant as well as familiarity with utility regulations and energy supply chain · Analyze and forecast financial results and make decisions based on data and needs
· Develop and innovate to promote improved performance within unit
· Have the ability to multi-task
· Assist with managing the safety program
· Utilize the CMMS Maximo
· Communicate proactivity and in a professional manner as well as follow up skills is a must
· Utilize accepted measurement and verification protocols to establish energy baselines and track post implementation performance
· Prepare financial analysis that presents the expected return on investment on recommended energy conservation measures
· Analyze energy consumption metrics to identify opportunities to create control plans to sustain energy savings
· Collaborate with Sodexo Energy Management Services on energy strategy, deliverables, and practices
1. Experience working with Energy Performance Benchmarking, energy efficiency technology and utility data.
2. Experience implementing energy, environmental or similar programs, which may include program design, performance management, contract preparation and budget preparation.
3. Experience in identifying energy efficiency rebates and pursuing them relative to projects, or in pursuing grant funds for energy related projects.
4. Experience implementing, managing or optimizing controls and energy management systems for Healthcare Facility.
5. Experience tracking Energy Star data, developing key performance indicators and identifying actionable performance issues and trends.
6. Able to interface with regulatory agencies including EPA and manage reporting requirement.
7. Ability to generate reports, documents, and communicate in a professional and technically sound written and verbal manner
8. Experience with Siemens PLC systems a plus
9. Possess experience with CBA & labor unions
10. Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
11. Certificate of Energy Management (CEM) or equivalent Certification is preferred
12. Professional Engineer’s (PE) license is preferred
13. Modeling experience in DOE-2, Trance Trace, Carrier HAP or equivalent is preferred
14. Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering based building drawings
15. 7-9 years of experience in energy, mechanical, and electrical systems
This is an exciting opportunity and an excellent path for career growth for a high performing individual within our organization. We are also seeking someone with proven leadership and very strong technical facilities background with knowledge of utility regulations.
Relocation is available!
Responsible for analyzing current energy usage and developing the client’s energy management plan in order to provide proper environmental conditions with cost effective energy utilization. Develops, maintains and manages energy tracking systems and utilities consumption database to monitor and audit HVAC controls.
- Analyze current energy usage and developing the client’s energy management plan in order to provide proper environmental conditions with cost effective energy utilization
- Develops, maintains and manages energy tracking systems and utilities consumption database to monitor and audit HVAC controls
- Develops long-range plans for implementing energy conservation and recommends sound policies directed towards sustainability
- Provides regular reports as to the overall effectiveness of the energy management program
- Participates in or leads energy management and sustainability training sessions for client staff and other Sodexo Managers
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in energy conservation, energy management, or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.