Sodexo is seeking a Food Service-Patient Services Manager at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, MN.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Allina Health Systems flagship hospital, located just 1.5 miles from downtown Minneapolis in the Midtown neighborhood, is a large accute care hospital with 650 beds. A magnet teaching hospital, Abbott, is rated in the top 50 nationally in many healthcare specialties. This unit feeds up to 600 patients per meal period, has a vibrant catering operation, and multiple retail outlets including a Starbucks outlet. We provide a room service style operation for our patients and visitors that operates 365 days per year.
The Food Services Patient Services Manager is responsible for patient meals, cafeteria service, and supports food production and ordering. The ideal candidate is a food service professional that is passionate about food and serving people, but is also looking for a better work schedule and quality of life.
- This leader will work closely with the team and the leaders at Abbott to set the expectations for each manager that allows us to achieve at a high level.
- Oversee the Patient service program, and work closely with the Clinical Nutrition Program as well as Retail and Culinary Solutions to achieve their goals.
- Collaborate with Nursing to support Abbott's efforts to embrace innovation and new thinking for driving a healthier future for our patients.
- Oversee the day to day operations of patient dining and assist with retail dining
- Work in partnership with Nursing to develop and bring creative ideas for ensuring a best in class patient and guest experience.
The best qualified candidate is/has:
- Professional with a collaborative mindset,
- Commited to operational excellence standards,
- A willingness to coach and develop staff,
- Openness to change and attentive with a responsive communication style that will encourage success in this position.
- Menu planning & forecasting processes, and understanding of safe food handling practices, qualities, and standards (e.g. HACCP forms, temperature logs, safety audits, inventory management, etc.)
- Additionally, the Patient Services Manager will appreciate the importance of partnering with hospital leaders and employees in other departments to exceed expectations of patients and guests.
- food service or nutrition background, ideal if you are a dietitian
- Previous experience working in a union environment is preferred
- 1-2 years of supervisor experience
Schedule for this position will rotate every week and will work every other weekend.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Patient Services positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.