Sodexo Schools Division is seeking a Catering Manager 2 to support our food service programs within the Taylor Independent School District located in Taylor, TX (35 miles from Austin).
The selected candidate will provide direct operational oversite to 6 schools, while also having a direct impact on culinary operations as he or she will be responsible for culinary training and food quality. Our Catering Manager will also support the retail and catering functions. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual that is able to create culinary promotions to further increase student meal purchases.
Specific duties include: supervising front/back of house operations regarding marketing and customer service as well as the food production. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, knowledge of the NSLP guidelines, USDA commodities, NutriKids software and managing a food service team in a K-12 environment is strongly preferred. Food costing, catering experience, excellent client relations and team building skills are also preferred.
If you have a passion for improving community service, leading and developing a proud team of professionals, and a desire to improve the quality of life of those you come in contact with then this is the right job for you.
Careers in Schools:
Working for Sodexo in Schools allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. From preschool through high school, in public schools and independent schools, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions. When children are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained school they are more likely to succeed.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Sodexo is one of the largest employers worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees. Come join an industry leader and be part of making everyday a better day with Sodexo! APPLY TODAY!
Keywords: food Service; Culinary; Chef; Austin; Fort Worth; K-12; Child Nutrition
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.