Sodexo has a new opening for an Accountant in the Client Balance Sheet department at our Financial Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY.
The Accountant performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, reconciliation and analysis of financial data in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) / GAAP and industry accounting and reporting requirements.
Specific tasks may include:
- Interpreting contractual agreements to ensure proper accounting treatments, create client statements and/or settlements
- Preparing financial statements or trial balance; project and cost accounting
- Preparing general ledger or bank reconciliations; prepare journal entries and resolve issues
- Fixed asset or inventory accounting
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Accounting & Compliance:
- Apply GAAP and IFRS, Sodexo policies and procedures and provide objective accounting judgment and guidance leading to the production of accurate and reliable financial reports for Sodexo and clients.
- Provide accounting support for Sodexo's business operators and internal accounting teams. Recommend reporting actions by understanding and implementing policies and procedures.
- Interpret and implement agreed upon contractual terms and accounting treatment standards.
- Communicate relevant information and guidance to support business decisions for diverse audiences at various levels of the organization.
- Participate in the financial close process including journal entry preparation, system maintenance, financial analysis and projections.
- Prepare, reconcile and analyze accounting schedules such as balance sheet account reconciliations and income and expense reconciliations.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization. Provide relevant information and accounting guidance to support or correct business input and decisions for diverse audiences to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain accurate and reliable accounting systems, databases and procedures.
- Produce ad hoc reports and analysis for business operators, Transversal Finance functions: Centers of Expertise, Segment Finance, and other functional support departments.
- Participate in projects or department-wide tasks with guidance. Maintain and update departmental desk procedures.
- Provide routine instructional training, guidance and answer questions from customers (internal and external) and accountants on company policies and procedures, processes and systems, reporting, problem solving techniques and effective communication strategies.
Typical Knowledge & Skills:
- Contract interpretation skills
- Microsoft Office software, including strong Excel skills
- Basic working knowledge of Sodexo’s financial systems (SAP, Enterprise Analysis, UFS, EDW, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
- 0-2 years accounting / finance experience
- Team building, interpersonal relations and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve solutions
- Managing multiple priorities and time management skills
- Solid technical, accounting skills and detail orientation
- Stress tolerance and flexibility skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills