Sodexo has an opportunity for a Food Operations Manager 3 for Truman State University located in Kirksville, MO. Nestled in the heart of Northeast Missouri, Kirksville boasts a historic downtown square surrounded by a 3,000 acre state park and some of the nation’s top hunting grounds. From classic small town festivals to premier cultural events, Kirksville’s vibrant blend of art, history, recreation and nature will impress you. *RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!*
Truman State University has been ranked for 18 consecutive years as the #1 public university in the Mid-West region by U.S. News & World Report and ranked #19 on Kiplinger’s list of the 100 Best Public College Values in the nation. With a student enrollment of approximately 6500 plus 2000 faculty members, our food operations include 3 resident dining halls, retail food venues and catering.
As Operations Manager, you will oversee salaried managers in the retail, catering, convenience stores and resident Dining operations to ensure that each department is staffed, running smoothly and efficiently as well as following all policies and procedures within the organization. From a culinary standpoint, you will manage the Food Management System (FMS) as well as oversee the preparation, portioning, garnishing and presentation of food in these departments as well as sanitation and training.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal Operations Director will possess:
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.