Sodexo Universities has an opportunity for a Catering Manager 2 for Buena Vista University, a long standing University contract located on the beautiful shores of Storm Lake, IA. BVU is a private college with a beautiful lakeside campus approximately one hour east of Sioux City with many benefits of a larger city in a small town setting. The Catering Manager is an intrigal player in our Unit's team who has direct client contact in the day to day operation of business. The catering department accounts for approximately $500k in annual revenue. This position requires one to be hands on, customer & detail focused, have good communication skills.
*Relocation Assistance is available!*
You will find our Catering Department second to none as we host events such as wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, board of trustees, donor relations events and more. The majority of our events are performed on campus with some local catering opportunities. .
The facilities are outstanding and our catering volume is around $500k annually. This position has many rewarding benefits with the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Is this opportunity right for you? Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will have:
To learn more about Buena Vista University, please visit http://www.bvu.edu/.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.