Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for customer service? Look no further!
**Relocation Assistance Available for this position!**
Sodexo's Universities segment has an exciting opportunity to showcase your talent as the Catering Manager 3 for our long tenured account at University of St. Francis located in Joliet, IL (Joliet is 40 miles southwest of Chicago). We are seeking a hands on leader who will oversee all catering operations, manage all internal and external catering for this campus including all of the President and Board events. This position will also gain experience in other areas we service on campus including some management in their dining room and in their Bistro Cafe.
The successful candidate:
Check out what University St. Francis has to offer: http://www.stfrancis.edu/
Come and help us celebrate the 100 year anniversary located just 30 minutes southwest of Chicago. APPLY TODAY!
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.