Sodexo is seeking a Facilities/Maintenance Manager for our Universities segment, located near Raleigh, NC.
Reporting directly to the General Manager / Director, this candidate will be responsible for leadership and oversight of the day to day operations of Hard Services in the University environment. Must be technically savvy and mechanically astute in HVAC, Boilers, Plumbing, Roofing, Electrical and building maintenance overall.
Will be required to manage work orders, Predictive, Preventative, and reactive maintenance to include the CMMS system.
The ideal candidate will have:
Proven track record of successful Hard Facilities Management experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management;
Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
Journeyman/certification in HVAC, electrical or plumbing a plus.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.