Sodexo at Western Illinois University is seeking a skilled Food Service Manager 2 for Western Illinois University located in Macomb, IL (Macomb is located 1.5 hours away from Springfield, Quad Cities and Peoria). WIU is a large campus in a family community serving more than 9,000 students at its traditional, residential four-year university. Sodexo has held this contract and solid relationship for over 50 years!!!
Relocation Assistance Available!
As our Food Service Manager you will be charged with driving customer service excellence in one of our large volume Resident Dining programs (Corbin Olson Dining Center) serving over 1000 meals daily. Reporting to our Operations Manager, you will oversee all Front of the House activities - ensuring a high level of customer service - focusing on the customer experience, hiring, scheduling and training over 20 associates, and ordering and inventory!
**This position will primarily be 2nd shift from 2PM -11PM.
Summer schedule could vary from this.***
Ideal candidate will have:
Food Service Management / or supervisory experience; and
Exposure to the Back of the House kitchen experience, is preferred.
The Macomb, IL area is ideal for raising a family and rural living. Consider joining a growing team at Western Illinois University! It’s a large campus in a small town atmosphere. For more information about Sodexo dining at WIU - visit: http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/dining/
Sound like the opportunity you have been looking for? APPLY TODAY!
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.