Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager for a healthcare account located in Worcester, MA. Working in collaboration with the Executive Chef, the Food Operations Manager will manage the day to day food production for the retail culinary team ensuring standards, and recipes are achieved.
The successful candidate will lead a culinary team 3-5 cooks. The client is highly visual in the retail environment, and the successful Chef will need to be a high visibility manager on the shop floor during peak business times.
UMassMemorial Medical Center University Campus is part of a 4 hospital system. The system Comprised of Leominster, Hahamann, Memorial, and University campus. (Hahamann, Memorial, and University are considered the medical center) In addition Sodexo operates two coffee kiosks at the University campus.
The staff at the Medical Center work under a collective barging agreement, a manager with previous experience is preferred but not necessary. The University campus services 300+ covers during breakfast time, 600 + covers at lunch, and 200 + for dinner service.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.