Sodexo is seeking a talented Executive Chef 2 at George Mason University to come be a part of our growing Culinary team.
This position will manage a team of sous chefs as well as frontline employees on campus and will be called upon to deliver high quality culinary & management results. We are looking for a chef that has experience and can run a professional, high end kitchen. The ideal candidate will be ready to lead and develop talent through motivation, education, skill, and passion. Our goal is to provide an exceptional dining experience for our clients, guests, and team. If this sounds like a position you are interested in, apply today!
We are looking for candidates who will:
The ideal candidate has:
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.