Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager (II) for The Markle Evangeline Residence in Greenwich Village, New York City. This is a Residence for Women with upscale dining located in the best neighborhood of Manhattan.
In this role, you report to the General Manager and function in his/her absence. As the lead in the kitchen and the dining venues, you are responsible for; inventory, on-line ordering, food production & service, food & workplace safety and sanitation, HAACP protocols, employee training & development, food & labor cost controls, Client & Resident Satisfaction, employee engagement with customer service outcomes.
Your Skill Check List for this position;
Food Safety; a Servsafe Certificate
Financial skills for 2 million in annual volume
Skills to hire, coach, and develop 30 employees
Experience managing other managers & supervisors
Working knowledge of HACCP and kitchen safety programs
Hands on catering and food production background
Computer skills to work in food and labor management systems
Familiarity with Customer Service Program Enhancements
Experience with Dept of Health Audits and Contract Management
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team! The Markle Evangeline Residence; http://gny.salvationarmy.org/MarkleResidence/
Sodexo Benefits at a glance; http://bit.ly/12E1uUf
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.