Relocation assistance is available with this opportunity!
Sodexo Campus Services is seeking a Catering Manager for Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Enrollment is about 1350 with 950 on meal plans. The successful candidate would maintain a close relationships with client, staff and students. For this position a solid retail background would be valuable, in addition to catering experience. This position requires strong leadership skills. This position will work close with Chef manager for all food production needs as well as the Board manager for staffing. They will supervise up to 20 Sodexo employees. This position will work a varied schedule due to catering events.
The successful candidate:
The successful candidate will have at least 1 year of food or culinary lead/supervisory experience with a focus on catering, a strong working knowledge of food production operations, ability to motivate employees, as well as excellent leadership and customer service skills.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.