Sodexo has a potential opening for a Catering Manager 3 at Bridgewater State University. This is a great opportunity for advancing your career.
Bridgewater State University is a class 270-acre campus just 30 minutes from Boston and Providence that offers more than 90 areas of Study. Since its founding in 1840, Bridgewater State has remained steadfast in its commitment to empower individuals and instill in its community an abiding desire to advance the public good. The rigorous and dynamic academic environment encourages students and faculty to develop their strengths and become leaders in their fields. At the same time, BSU strives to lead by example. As the university continues to build momentum, they continuously reinvest in the success of students and the region.
The Catering Manager is tasked with supporting a 30+ year partnership with an established yet evolving program and continuing to drive innovation, engagement and satisfaction through a food forward approach. Additionally, the Catering Manager should possess excellent written and verbal communications skills and have the ability to interact in a positive manner with employees, guests and clients at all levels of each respective organization.
The successful candidate is preferred to have prior experience in a diverse and dynamic higher-ed environment.
We are looking for candidates who will:
The ideal candidate:
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.