At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resource Manager who will direct and support the HR and recruiting activities in our Austin Texas Market. This Manager will work mostly from home with travel between client locations within the market.
This position will be responsible for sourcing talent for our Food and Environmental Services Teams across 7 locations and will partner with our client HR team across the St. David's System.
The successful candidate will have experience in all Human Resource functions, but will have a STRONG focus and desire to do grassroots recruiting. This HR Manager will be responsible for sourcing hard to find hourly talent. He/she will also develop and maitain recruiting relationships with organiztions throught the Austin and surrounding areas to source hourly candidates.
Preferred qualifications for this position include fluency in Spanish, a BA/BS Degree or HR Certification and 3-5 years of HR experience. Demostrated disciplne to work from a home office environment.
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.