Executive Chef 2
Sodexo Government Services has a dynamic career opportunity for an Executive Chef 2 supporting the most exciting and meaningful missions in the World with a high-profile Government Services client in Central Virginia area.
Candidates need to hold a "current" security clearance to be considered.
This Executive Chef opportunity will require someone to develop innovative food solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results. Our clients depend on our expertise to help them to optimize their business.
This is a high- profile position with regular client interactions and Sodexo leadership – interpersonal skills and ability to handle a high degree of accountability will be necessary.
About the contract:
- Sodexo will provide full range of food service for a base operations support at a secured US Government location with cafeteria operations, catering services, special event support, and hospitality services.
- The food services/meals in support of base events to include but not limited to: boxed breakfasts , boxed lunches, a healthy snack program, cookouts/BBQs, hot entrees, hors d'oeuvres, special men us to support V IP guests fine dining and official ceremonial events.
- This business is over $2.5 Million Annual Revenue
About the position:
The Executive Chef for a Base Operations Support contract in the Central Virginia area will direct, coordinate, and manage the work effort associated with the full range of food services provided at the US government location.
- The unit provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner (as required). Offerings include at least one hot entree and sides, grill items, made-to-order sandwiches, specialty items, desserts, and beverages. Grab-n-go' items (e.g., sandwiches, juices, coffee, and tea) shall be made available throughout the day.
- An average of 30,000 meals are prepared per month (breakfast, lunch, and dinner (Monday through Saturday). Also included in this number is brunch and dinner on Sundays with a Friday family dinner (TGIF) for all employees/residents/guests hosted several times throughout the year, as scheduled by the Government.
- The cafeteria is generally open on weekends and holidays. The cafeteria is generally closed the week between the Christmas and New Year holiday.
- Food and beverage services shall be available for special occasions (e.g. VIP events, retirements, ribbon cuttings, ground breaking ceremonies, holiday parties, picnics, catered dinners, and receptions for conference functions).
The Executive Chef will demonstrate and apply highly developed interpersonal, creative and communication (written and verbal) skills the ability to manage complex programs in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking’s under high pressure situations.
- Establish food services (number of daily meals offered, menu selections, special offerings, etc.) that will be provided at each facilities.
- Establish food catering menus and pricing in coordination with client’s Business Office. Menu and pricing are reviewed on an annual basis or upon request by the Government.
- Ensure that all services are delivered, and all tasks are performed in accordance with the Statement of Work (SOW).
- Support General Manager in their responsibilities and ensure they manage in line with relevant statutory, security, environmental, health, and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a professional staff and ensure that they follow established Government training protocols, policies, directives, and procedures at all times.
- Communicate effectively with the US Government employees and departments to accomplish tasks and requirements and promote a customer friendly environment in support of operations at all levels.
- Meet the requirements SOW, delivering high quality services that align with the needs of the customer and in accordance with applicable statues and industry best management practices.
- Be responsible for management of the kitchen staff and infrastructure
- Manage the preparation and delivery of quality food services, establish menus, and generally oversee all activities for daily cafeteria services and unique offerings in support of special events and VIP guests
- Oversee daily food service operations in order to provide variety and quality products
- Maintain and implement sanitary and food safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate degree
- Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience with 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing a professional kitchen and dining environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food sanitation, safety codes, industry trends and practical business applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
- Excellent organizational and time management skills Expert computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
About Sodexo’s Government Segment: We are a federal contractor within Sodexo and have a business portfolio of approximately $450 million in revenue and our star status client portfolio includes the U.S. Marine Corps, Air Force, Intelligence business and Federal Government locations throughout the United States and Guam.
Come join a growing segment and grow your career!
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.