Sodexo is currenlty hiring an Environmental Services, Custodial Operations Manager 2 position for Contra Costa Health Services in Martinez, California. This manager will need to be flexible to work on either an AM or PM shift. He/She will work closely with the GM to manage the ES operations at this 250 bed hospital and manage a staff of roughly 68 FTE's in a union environment. Very high potential for becoming a full-time position at this unit.
This position will work a 1st AND/OR 2nd shift and requires the flexibility to cover other time frames/shifts as needed. This position also has rotating shifts for weekend coverage. Ideal candidate will have previous experience in large custodial / housekeeping account, have an understanding of regulatory guidelines and maintain flexibility in work hours and be able to train / mentor/ motivate hourly staff in a union environment. Seeking Bilingual candidates, the ability to communicate in Spanish would be helpful in managing this workforce.
The “Hands-On” manager primarily handles day-to-day Environmental Services operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance. Manager is responsible for customer and client interaction, custodial inspection measurements, on-going training, quality, safety, pest control and the implementation of best practices. It will also be responsible for infection control compliance, improved services, and timeliness of responses and validation of work quality. Manage and coordinate floor care team and project work.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has knowledge of ES systems and processes
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 1-3 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or health-care environment;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon time-lines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented, and well organized.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Click here to learn more about our benefits:
Click here to learn more about Sodexo EVS and join our Talent Community: