Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 2 for our dynamic catering operations at Florida State University located in sunny Tallahassee, FL! The Catering Manager 2 will understand the importance of providing excellent customer experiences every time and will be capable of making decisions that best reflect the Catering Department, Sodexo, and FSU’s mission!
This position has primary event execution responsibilities for all Campus Catering events, as well as Conference Center and Athletic Catering operations during football games. Events include VIP and presidential functions, receptions, banquets, buffet meals, casual and executive boxed lunches, beverage breaks, snack breaks, picnics, and other special events and services. The catering manager reports to the Director of Catering and works closely with the catering sales team, the culinary team, the marketing team, supervisors, leads, and field catering services team to coordinate the day to day management of event operations.
Manages the set-up and execution of all catered events. Collaborates on event planning with co-managers in sales and culinary functions. Assists with pricing, menu costing, and billing as needed. Works with the marketing team on event special promotions. Works with clients/customers and sales team to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Maintains composure in difficult situations. Follows up with clients for feedback after events. Hires, schedules, trains and develops catering staff. Maintains employee and vendor relations to run a successful catering operation. Ensures all HACCP safety protocols are strictly followed by all employees. Assists the catering director with establishing operating standards, implementing quality improvements, and communicating them to employees. Meets deadlines and deliverables. Demonstrates eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, passion, and integrity on the job. Must have a valid drivers license.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will have/be:
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION! **
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.