Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 to be part of the team at Dallas Baptist University in Dallas, TX. Founded in 1898, Dallas Baptist University's student enrollment is approximately 5000+. DBU has 78 undergraduate programs, 31 masers programs, and 2 doctoral programs. Dallas Baptist's Catering is a growing and dynamic operation seeking a customer-driven, employee- focused, creative and confident professional to work with a driven team of operators. The Catering Manager understands the importance of providing excellent customer experiences every time and is capable of making decisions that best reflect the Catering Department, Sodexo, and DBU’s mission.
This position reports to the Operations director and has primary event execution responsibilities for all Campus events. Events include VIP and presidential functions, receptions, banquets, buffet meals, casual and executive boxed lunches, beverage breaks, snack breaks and various hybrid events throughout our operations. The Catering Manager will work closely with all teams to coordinate the day to day management of events and restaurant operations. This is not a Monday - Friday role, and the schedule is event driven.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Catering manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who can:
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.