Sodexo has an exciting new opportunity for a Construction Project Manager supporting Central Maine Health in Lewiston, Maine.
We are seeking a project manager 2 with experience managing medium to large and complex construction projects. The Project Manager 2 manages and coordinates healthcare construction projects, such as working with clients to finalize project requirements, including additions and major renovations of existing facility in collaboration with clinical stakeholders, project team, and hospital leadership. Organizes and directs the project team, and ensures that project information and resources are delivered on time. Interacts with, and provides reports to hospital leadership. Coordinates project costestimating, contract negotiations and cost reporting activities. Manages design and construction teams. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior construction project manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or an Associate’s Degree with relevant experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry, with a strong preference for Healthcare construction experience
- Health care project manager that is well versed in PCRA, ICRA and Interim Life Safety and Life Safety Code 101.
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different disciplines.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software, including Microsoft Project
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with a preference for Adobe Writer, Visio
Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated capital projects. Reviews project proposal, establishes work plan and manages contractors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Construction Management including scheduling and financial management
- Quality Control and Safety
- Project Engineering including following specifications, design adaptation by ensure design and specifications meet codes and specification
- Sub-contractor management
- Administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, minutes, maintaining documentation and customer liaison
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.