Sodexo is seeking a Laundry Operations Manager, for North Grand River, located in Lansing, Michigan. This is a central laundry owned jointly by the Sparrow Health System and McLaren Health System that process roughly 9 million pounds per year. The Laundry runs, one shift, Monday through Saturday. We operate a shipping depot approximately 1/4 quarter mile from the processing plant, all clean linen is delivered to the depot where it is packaged for delivery to our roughly 150 customers. We have a diverse work group. The Operations Manager is responsible for the in-house operations of the plant with minimal direct financial responsibility. This position reports to a General Manager on - site.
Looking for new Career, come join Sodexo!
May serve as a number one position leading/running laundry/linen operation services inside a small account. Manages hourly employees. Reports to a General Manager level position. Position has day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of laundry operations.
- Directs and manages daily laundry service operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, training, licenses and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sdx resource when necessary. Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages, trains, develops hourly employees. Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel). Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.