Sodexo University Dining has an opening for an experienced Unit Controller 3 at Fairfield University in Fairfield, CT
Fairfield University is a private Jesuit university in Fairfield, Connecticut. Fairfield University is a coeducational university of more than 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
The ideal candidate will posses a strong financial acumen and have a background in dining operations.
This position will be responsible for compliance with all organizational financial systems and processes, analyzing financial results and presenting monthly and quarterly reports.
The successful candidate will provide unit finance support for weekly flash projections, participation in final budget reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for most unit finance questions and concerns. The successful candidate will manage all accounting and financial matters for one or more accounts/units. Including accounts payable/receivable, budget, payroll, reporting, inventory, charge-backs, etc. Performs trend analysis to assist decision making.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
Manages all accounting and financial matters for single location account
Driving the zero harm mindset
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.