Sodexo is seeking a Director of Facilities Operations for a pharmaceutical account in La Verne, CA; with strong experience in GMP and GXP. This Director will be responsible for managing daily facilities service operations (Boiler & Plant Operations) at a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Campus setting. The successful candidate should be technically strong in hard FM, have experience with CMMS, be motivated and innovative to match the expectations of our client and have strong customer service skills.
Reporting directly to the Account Director, this manager will be responsible for the following:
• Direct daily engineering service operations.
• Ensure proper operation of all hard service equipment such as HVAC, electric, plumbing, fire suppression, chillers and boilers.
• Supervise all day to day activities of 30-45 employees.
• Maintain and develop client relationship through proper communication on all hard services issues.
• Assist with any projects when needed.
• Establish a safe working environment for my staff by providing them with the proper training and PPE needed to do their job safely.
• Daily walkthrough of building to probe for potential equipment failure, facilities issues and safety hazards.
• Establish general operating standards and implement and quality improvements that could better relationship with client.
• Provide input for department budget and any capital improvements that are needed at the facility.
• Establish good customer support by meeting directly with the end user on any facilities request.
• Ensure training compliance of employees.
• Report on backlog, PM adherence, and other KPIs.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to work with senior client figures.
• Proven experience of managing and developing employees in a multi-disciplined environment.
• A history of leading a safe-work culture.
• Experience in implementing company initiatives and change management.
GXP/GMP background a must!
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Basic education requirement- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.