Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Catering Manager 2 to join our team at MA Medical Society -The Waltham Woods Conference Center! This is a fast-paced environment hosting groups ranging in size up to 360 guests for a wide range of services including breakfast, lunch, dinner, AM and PM breaks as well as cocktail receptions with bar service.
The Catering Manger 2 will be responsible for a staff or up to 8 employees working various shifts. The Catering Manager 2 works closely with Conference Center staff and reports directly to General Manager. Duties include but not limited to:
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule, but must be available for some weekends and evenings for catering. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible. Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, Sodexo leader in Quality of Life Services!
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.