Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 for Loyola Marymount University located in Los Angeles, CA.
Founded in 1911, LMU is a top-ranked Catholic university rooted in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions. We are committed to fostering a diverse academic community rich in opportunities for intellectual engagement and real-world experience. We enroll an academically ambitious, multicultural, and socioeconomically diverse student body. We recruit, retain and support a diverse faculty committed to excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and creativity.
Loyola Marymount University offers rigorous undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs to academically ambitious students committed to lives of meaning and purpose. We benefit from our location in Los Angeles, a dynamic city that brings into sharp focus the issues of our time and provides an ideal context for study, research, creative work, and active engagement.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who can:
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.