Sodexo's University segment has an opening for a Food Operations Manager 1 at our long tenured account (60+ years) at Saint Mary's College. St. Mary's is a four-year, Catholic, residential, women's liberal arts college located in Notre Dame, north of the city of South Bend, IN. Enjoy 55+ acres of stunning landscape on our campus along the St. Joseph River, located within the 278 acres, Saint Mary's College offers natural and cultivated beauty and the ideal quiet setting for a college. Saint Mary's is one of the longest client relationships within Sodexo 60+ years.
Our enrollment is 1,400 student boarders and 400 faculty and staff. Our dining services consist of resident dining, retail, and large volume catering.
Residential all-women's campus, located near Notre Dame. Board program with 1050 students, 3 retail venues, catering approximately three thousand a year. Revenue approx $3.5m. Significant opportunity to make changes and develop career. The passion to serve great food while managing food and labor costs within budget is a must. Successful candidates must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Organizational and computer skills are high priorities.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications and experience:
As the Resident Dining Operations Manager, Food at one of our large education accounts, you will be responsible for the successful coordination and direction of all daily activities related to resident student dining within a multi-unit campus account.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.