Sodexo is seeking an experienced Operations Manager 3 at Murray State University – a new university account with over 10,000 students - located in scenic Murray, Kentucky.
Is this opportunity right for you?
This position will report to the General Manager and be responsible for daily operations of multiple Food Service venues, including but not limited to Resident Dining, Food Retail Dining with a mix of National and Internal brands and Catering.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking? We are looking for candidates who will:
The ideal candidate:
** Relocation assistance is available! **
WHY Sodexo at Murray State?
MSU has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" as one of the top regional universities in the U.S. for 26 straight years. For more information about Murray State – visit: https://www.murraystate.edu/ Live in a family friendly community where outdoor activities abound…swimming, fishing, hunting, hiking, etc…
Sodexo is a recognized leader in diversity, sustainability and wellness. We were named Global Sustainability Industry Leader in our sector for the 10th year in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and are the only company to have been in the top 2 of Diversity Inc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity list for five consecutive years.
Do you enjoy managing daily operations while balancing multiple departments and building an overachieving team? Join us to work in this fun and productive high-volume dining environment. APPLY TODAY!
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.