Sodexo is currently seeking a General Manager- Multi service for one of our Corporate Services accounts located in Melville, NY. This General Manager would report directly into a Senior Area Manager and would have no direct reports. This individual will oversee all Coffee and Micromarkets within the client site which include 20 coffee locations, 9 Micromarkets, and 10 vending locations. The total managed volume for this client is $2.5M between 8 locations. We are looking for candidates with strong reporting and analytical thinking to drive good decision making. In addition, we are seeking candidates with a background in retail and an innovative thinker with strong management skills.
This position requires 50% travel anywhere across the United States.
This individual will primarily work a Monday through Friday with no weekends or Holidays.
Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is $5 million or less in managed volume.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.