Sodexo Leisure has an exciting Operations Manager 3 at the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe, IL. This position will assist the Area General Manager in focusing on daily operations of our year-round cafe, catering operations, seasonal outdoor grill, beer garden and concessions throughout the 385 acres of this living museum. Peak season is from April thru Oct with annual attendance of 1MIL+. Menu and offers are designed around local, sustainable and natural ingredients. Exclusive catering account with heavy social and corp. business.
The Operations Manager 3 will:
If you have experience managing food & beverage operations at a Leisure type venue- visitor or cultural destination such as a Museum, Aquarium, Casino, Botanical Gardens, etc- we want to hear from you!
Check out this venue: www.chicagobotanic.org
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo has a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo Sodexoinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.