Sodexo Universities is seeking a motivated Catering Manager 2 at Georgia College and State University in historic Milledgeville, GA. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the campus Catering program totaling over $500k in revenue. The Catering Manager works closely with Sodexo Executive Chefs and client’s Director of University Events to ensure preeminent operations through customer service excellence and a commitment to client satisfaction. This position has oversight for a staff of 15 including part-time students and full-time hourly employees.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the ideal Catering Manager 2 will possess the following traits:
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.