Sodexo is seeking a Human Resource Manager 2, for Central Maine Healthcare, located in Lewiston, Maine. One flagship medical center, two rural, critical access hospitals and an extensive variety of primary and specialty care practices located in 3 communities throughout the region make up the CMHC system.
In this position you will manage all, safety and recruiting for the department. This is a full service facility, where all the hourly associates are on Sodexo Payroll. This position will be responsible for Recruitment of new staff, new employee orientation, employee relations and whatever other duties assigned by the Sr. Human Resource Manager. There are a total of 250 Sodexo FTE for all 3 units. This position reports to a Sr. Human Resource Manager on - site.
Looking for a Change, Come join Sodexo in the beautiful New England Area!
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.