The Accounting Manager leads and manages the activities of the Accounting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams, and oversees all responsibilities and activities in accordance with company standards and performance expectations. She/he is a valued business partner within the company and therefore delivers, directly or through her/his team, operational support to improve performance.
The Accounting Manager provides effective leadership and timely oversight of all functions of the accounting department, and proactively identifies opportunities for continuous improvement. The successful candidate will be someone who has a keen ability and a proven track record of handling all aspects of the company's accounting responsibilities. The Accounting Manager will align and merge business goals with the Finance Department goals.
The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Finance of Comfort Keepers, North America. The role leads all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to accounting, month end processes, Accounts Receivables, Lease accounting, and accounting-related reporting.
Education & Experience
• Ten (10) plus years of financial experience with the day-to-day financial operations of a mid to large sized company.
• Five (5) plus years of progressive finance experience and leadership roles.
• Experience working in multi-state, national organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
• Proven ability to lead and motivate large teams.
• Proven ability to build cohesive relationships with other senior leaders across an organization.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels of the company.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement.
• Has a strong sense of urgency and personal commitment, and is decisive, confident, open and candid.
• Strong computer skills for presentation and analysis of data.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Position based in Irvine, California
Is recognized as an expert in Accounting within the organization. Has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline or function. Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. May lead functional teams or projects. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.