Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference. With your leadership excellence, you’re ready to move up to the next level.
Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager 2 for North Shore Medical Center located in Salem, MA. North Shore Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital which has 395 beds. The hospital had 19,467 admissions in the latest year for which data are available. It performed 4,409 annual inpatient and 7,955 outpatient surgeries. Its emergency department had 90,149 visits for 2012.
Our Sodexo Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Health Care, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience.
The successful candidate will:
• be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
• provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
• work with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director;
• effectively manages the Unit Operating System; and/or
• support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
• have experience leading and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
• have experience driving customer service and/or guest satisfaction results in a health care environment is preferred;
• possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
• can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
• have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
• are results and safety driven;
• have in-depth knowledge of housekeeping systems and procedures;
• have experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
• have experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and
Joint Commission standards;
• have 3-5 years previous custodial / housekeeping or similar management experience., in a hospital, health care experience preferred but not required;
• have strong financial acumen and budget management experience;
• can multi-task and set priorities;
• are proficient with computers and other technology; and/or
• are bi-lingual with proficiency to communicate in the predominant native language of his or her team (preferred).
Learn more about North Shore Medical Center at https://nsmc.partners.org/locations/salem_hospital
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Environmental Service programs are in place and functioning according to design to consistently meet all company, client and regulatory requirements.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
-Assumes GM responsibilities and authority in his or her absence
-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
-Ensures compliance with application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
-Establish and/or adhere to defined operating standards, develops and implements quality improvements and ensures direct reports and staff adhere to the standards and expectations.
-Assists with Management of Environmental Service budget by ensuring full compliance to established operating standards, monitoring costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and material), and taking corrective action as needed.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of work experience in Housekeeping, Environmental or Custodial Services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.