Fast Paced, Problem Solving
Sodexo is seeking a Regional Linen Operations Manager 2 for NYC Health & Hospital located in Brooklyn, New York.. This position will support any of the 16 NYC Health+Hospitals facilities for Linen Distribution This is a large Multi Location Hospital System, for Linen Distribution. The staff are on the clients payroll. This is a various shift, however primarily day shift. with every other weekends, and alternate holidays if needed. This position will report to a Regional Manager.
Our Sodexo Healthcare Linen team, works to direct Linen operations at healthcare client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Healthcare, patients are the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidate will:
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Number two position at a very large laundry plant. Responsible for laundries, engineering and transportation. Assumes General Manager's responsibilities and authority in their absence. Supervises managers. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. May serve as a number one position leading/running laundry/linen operations services inside a small account. Reports to a General Manager level position. Position has day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of laundry operations.
- Directs daily laundry service operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, training, licenses and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sdx resource when necessary. Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages, trains, develops managers and/or hourly employees. Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste.
- Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client and implements the service program(s). Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of production experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.